Be a LEGO Mentor! (summer volunteer opportunity)
Are you looking for volunteering experience? Do you want to learn what it’s like working for a charity? The Vale and Downland Museum are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to be part of its 2019 LEGO® Expo: which runs from 27 July to 31 August. The Expo features displays, workshops and activities all about LEGO® and attracts hundreds of people through the doors of the museum each day.
Gain proficiency in organising, supervising and executing structured activities as well as engaging with a diverse range of people and ages.
Applicants must be 16+.
In this role you will help to facilitate a number of different activities that run throughout the Expo and supervise visitors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise the running of the workshop activities and record the results of building challenges.
- Demonstrate to children certain LEGO® models they could make (instructions will be provided).
- Set up and disassemble resources for workshops and free play area.
Welcome visitors, engaging with them and providing information about the Expo and its activities and answering questions.
- Promote the LEGO® Expo, encourage donations and boost visitor returns through positive visitor experience.
- You will have an enthusiasm for working with children as well as strong organisational and communication skills.
- Hours and days are flexible, but a minimum of two hours on a single day is required.
- You will gain valuable experience of working with children and in a busy customer focused environment. Volunteers receive complimentary hot or cold drinks from the café.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this is an unpaid position.